BYU Wins Holy War

BYU Wins Holy War
George, like Collie and Harline before him, is now still open!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

NCAA Football Season in Reveiw

The bowl season is over and it went out as it started, BORING! Wow, I really found myself talking to my wife trying to figure out if we would watch the BCS title game (which was far less entertaining to me then the Utah vs. Navy game to start the bowl season) or American Gladiators (I am shocked how NBC is killing a sure fire hit show). I had no interest in hearing FOX sports tell me that this was the game the entire football season had been building up to. I wasn't the only one who turned down the opportunity to watch, rating for the BCS title game was down 17%. What does this mean? The system is broken.



I was happy to see that the ACC and SEC entered a proposal for a four team playoff. I was happier still to see the President of Georgia, who is also the head of the Executive committee of the NCAA, didn't think a four team playoff was good enough and thinks there should be a eight team playoff. His opinion has some weight behind it. Will this spirit of change last? I don't think so, but I hope it does.



My bowl prediction record:
23-9(.719)

Overall 2007 Record
49-15(.766)

Predictions for 2008 season:

  • BYU will be the highest ranked Non-BCS school in the preseason
  • Utah will be the biggest surprise team of 2008, I am predicting the first 11-0 vs 11-0; BYU vs. Utah game
  • Utah St. will at least double their wins next season
  • These teams will be overrated going into next season: Boise St, Notre Dame, Michigan, Wisconsin, half the SEC, Virginia Tech, Texas, and everyone in the Pac-10 but USC.
  • The BCS will provide another bowl season of meaningless bowl games
  • The Mountain West Conference will still be unseen due to the poor TV deal

No comments: