Charlotte was the tipping point for the Jazz. It moved the Jazz from a good team on a down slide to a poor team that over achieved last year. There are HUGE weaknesses on this team. Other teams in the league have found out the weaknesses and they are pounding the Jazz to the ground.
- The Jazz can't stop anyone driving to the hoop.
- Boozer will settle for the jump shot.
- Besides Williams and Okur, there isn't anyone on the Jazz that can hit an outside shot
- Pressure will produce turnovers.
What do the Jazz need to do?
- Trade/Get rid of Gira. Gira and Sloan hit the point of no return. What the Jazz need to do is get what they can for him and call it good, much like the Arroyo deal.
- Get Memo and Harpring healthy. It is obvious they are huge parts of this team, and the Jazz's problems are multiplied when they are off the court. They need Okur's shooting and Harpring's toughness back now.
- Boozer needs to: Stop settling for jump shots and go to the hoop, set screens, stop holding the ball when breaking down the zone, and play defense.
- Get the confidence back. The best way to do that is beat a good team. Orlando is next.
Can the Jazz turn this around? Yes. Is this team really a bad team? No, this team has shown signs of competing for Western Conference Title, and they have the pieces to do it. They need to show it now and win.