1a) BYU - Lost in the entire controversy is the fact the BYU won the game, and that they were the better team on the field Saturday. BYU needs to make a statement this weekend against UCLA to stay in the driver seat of the BCS busters.
1b) Utah - Slow start against a bad UNLV team kept the game close in the first half, but the Utes are too good on offense to let the game stay close for long. Slow start drops Utes to 1b in the power rankings.
3) TCU - The Horned Frogs are nearly moving into the 1c position in the power rankings. The Horned Frogs have proven that they can score points on offense, and their defense is solid. The Standford game this weekend will be an excellent chance to see exactly how good TCU is this season.
4) Air Force - The Falcons scored an impressive win over Wyoming over the weekend. They demonstrated that they can move the ball on the ground. They also proved that they are playing on another level in comparison to five teams below them in the conference. It will be interesting to see if the Falcons can pull an upset against one of the top three teams in the conference.
5) Colorado St - They won. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. CSU maintains there spot in the middle of the conference power rankings.
6) UNLV - Played well in the first half against the Utes, but fell apart in the second half. Could be a dangerous team that could surprise some teams in conference play; however, they aren't going to be consistently good throughout the year.
7) San Diego St - Dissappointing loss on the road. The Aztecs had an opportunity to go up two scores late in the game, and choked. Yet, is anyone surprised that the Aztecs choked?
8) New Mexico - The Lobos have yet to show up this season. Two winnable home games end with the Lobos being 0-2. It will be tough for the Lobos to turn the season around.
9) Wyoming - Awful.