BYU Wins Holy War

BYU Wins Holy War
George, like Collie and Harline before him, is now still open!

Monday, May 19, 2008

What Can Big Brown Do For Me?


Win the gosh darn Triple Crown that's what!!! I've waited my entire life for this moment. I wasn't around when Affirmed accomplished the feat in '78 and so I'm achin' for a Triple Crown winner this year (or at least once in my lifetime). But I feel like this is the year! Big Brown has obliterated the competition, winning the Derby by 4 and 3/4 lengths (and that was after he started from post position 20. The last time a horse did that was 1929) and the Preakness Stakes by 5 and 1/4 lengths.
There have been recent contenders that have teased us (Silver Charm, Real Quiet, Charismatic, War Emblem, Funny Cide, and Smarty Jones), all winning the first two jewels of the crown. But none of these were able to pull the hat trick and get it done at the Belmont. Since I first started watching the Triple Crown races on tv at age 15, I have experienced nothing but disappointment after disappointment. I can only take so much heartache...
This year will be different though! History will be made on June 7th in Elmont, New York! It's true, Belmont is the beast of the 3 races. But 'Beast' is undefeated Big Brown's middle name! BB will win the Big B! So all you readers out there, tune in to NBC on June 7th. Tom Hammond and the crew await you...

No comments: