BYU Wins Holy War

BYU Wins Holy War
George, like Collie and Harline before him, is now still open!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Wife's Outburst: Picking My Bracket


The first time I heard about March Madness was in 9th grade. I had no clue there was a huge tournament that runs for 4 weeks. People are so crazy about this. It is so appropriately named. Mark was so glad that the first round of games was during his spring break so he would not have to watch it streaming over the internet in class. Talk about madness! Pay attention! Just look at the scores like I do. Missing a few games while you are at work is not the end of the world. However, I do have my bracket hanging on my door in my classroom. I highlight the winners and write in the teams that I picked incorrectly. It is something for my students. I know some of them are interested in the tournament.


I am in three March Madness bracket leagues. As of the end of the Elite 8 round, I was winning. I have guessed 41 correct teams. I decided to use the same team for all of the brackets I filled out. When I filled it out I said North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, and Texas were going to the Final 4. I was almost correct. When I filled out my second bracket, I had the same teams except two different teams, so I decided to see how far I could go by using the same bracket for everything.


  1. CBS Sports: Mark created this one. I am ranked first.

  2. Yahoo--Willowcreek: Someone at work put this together. Even though I have guessed the most correctly, I am coming in 2nd.

  3. Yahoo--Welling Clan: I am also coming in 2nd in this league.

I have North Carolina and UCLA going to the championship game, with North Carolina winning. There have been a couple of close calls. For the most part, I am doing pretty well. So for thinking it is okay if you miss a few games while you are working or in class, I sure am heavily invested into March Madness.


No comments: